Installing DameWare Mobile Gateway
The following procedure completes your installation of the Dameware Mobile Gateway. You must also install the Dameware Mobile Client on your mobile device and a Dameware Mini Remote Control agent on another computer. See How DameWare Mobile Gateway Works for more information.
Note: You must run the installer as an administrator.
To install Dameware Mobile Gateway:
- Log on as an administrator.
- Navigate to your download location and run the DWGWInstall executable file as an administrator.
- Review the welcome text, and then click Next to continue.
- Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement, and then click Next.
- If you want to install to a destination folder other than the default, click Browse, select an installation folder, and then click OK.
- Select which application shortcuts you want the Dameware installer to create.
- Click Install to begin the installation. The installer will install any pre-requisite software that is missing from the computer as well as the Mobile Gateway.
- Enter the email address you provided to Dameware when you registered for the software, and click Continue.
- Click Finish to complete the installation wizard.
During the installation, Dameware also and creates a database (DameWareMobileGatewayDB) for gateway users and settings, installs an SSL certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store (DameWare Mobile Gateway Server), and creates a DameWare Gateway Administrator's group (DameWareGatewayAdmins).